Monday, April 17, 2006

The power of red lipstick


For some reason these past couple months, I have been majorly lacking in self confidence, and have pretty much felt fat and ugly. I have always had little body issues, but never before like this. I didn't understand what was going on with me and why I was feeling so bad about myself, but I didn't like it. Then one night at cooking club we all decided to put on Shauna's "perfect" red lipstick... and if you've ever shopped for red lipstick, you'll know that it is hard to find. I have never really worn any lipstick, let alone red lipstick, so it was a little shocking to me at first, and I thought I looked pretty ridiculous. But after the shock wore off, something started to happen to me. I felt real cute, and real confident, and like a totally changed woman. It was incredible. I went home to Tyler totally different than I had left, and although he didn't like the color, he did like the change. Not only did it affect me that night, but even the next day I could feel its effect. I felt and dressed like I had lost 10 pounds, even though I doubt that happened overnight. So, if you haven't tried it, you need to. It is a tool of empowerment.

3 comments:

kellymccaleb said...

i want my hair like that too. You look very michelle williams in that pic- even the expression. jealous.

sarawhat said...

You look super hot in this picture. You should consider investing in some of that perfect red lipstick... it would be worth every penny.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh- I saw your photo, when you left a comment on Kell's peanut gallery....you look like you should be married to Kiersti's husband and in scary tight jeans!!!
Glor