Sunday, April 16, 2006

My Beautiful Easter

I had a really cool experience today that I feel the need to record. Last night I had a dream that mom was some how able to come back to life. It was her same body that was buried and everything, but it was fixed and alive again. She was sitting on the couch and I was laying across her lap and feeling her arms and face. I was asking her if I had to be gentle with her, and she said only a little bit. We were living in a house that I've never seen before, with Dad, and it was just the three of us, like old times. It was such a good feeling, such a real feeling of getting to talk and touch and just be with mom. When I woke up, before I was even fully conscious, I turned to Tyler and told him all about my dream. Half asleep he responded, 'you had that dream because it's easter'. I had totally forgotten. My dream really stuck with me all day today, I couldn't shake the feeling of it, or Tyler's words. As I sat in primary with all the beautiful little baby voices singing, "Did Jesus really live again?... Yes, when the third day came. He wakened and He left the tomb; He called Mary's name. Did Jesus come to those He loved? Yes, people touched His feet, and of the fish and honeycomb He did truly eat. Did Jesus really live again after he had died? Oh yes! And so shall I!" Even as I am typing this now I am getting teared up. It was a pretty cool little easter testimony to gain. I felt so poignantly just how real the ressurection is, and how wonderful it's going to be.

2 comments:

kellymccaleb said...

i love that. write it in your journal because i think your books get given to your eternal posterity, but not your blogs.

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful. Thank you.